If we’re honest with ourselves, studying the Bible can be a little intimidating.
BUT. Each of us – every single believer – has the Holy Spirit of God inside us to bring knowledge and understanding through the Word of God.
I created this guide in order to help myself dive deeply into the text in a way that wasn’t overwhelming. Walking through this guide as I study my Bible helps me to focus solely on the Word itself. It also guards me from making my quiet time or the Bible about ME or what I want to get out of my time in the Word.
I find it helpful to print out the text of the Scripture I’m studying and put it into a binder or on a clipboard along with this guide. I then make all of my markings, underlines, word study notes, and questions in between the text or in the margins.
I hope you find this to be a helpful tool in seeking the character of God through His Word.
Other Inductive Bible Study Guides:
- https://www.risenmotherhood.com (free worksheets!)
- detailed PDF on how to study the Bible inductively
- Blue Letter Bible website or app – if you’re a nerd like me and like digging into the meanings of the original Greek and Hebrew words – this is a great resource! It also provides links to commentaries for the verse or passage you’re reading
- Another resource for the nerd: Precept Austin has incredible Greek and Hebrew word studies for when you want to take a deep dive into a particular word.
- Desiring God’s website has articles and sermons on almost every topic imaginable. Often if I’m looking for further insight into a book or chapter of the Bible, I just check out Piper’s sermons on that section of Scripture
- If you’re studying the Psalms, Charles Spurgeon’s chapter-by-chapter commentaries are incredible