Rachel Cargle wrote that “To show up you must come forward boldly with three things. KNOWLEDGE + (radical) EMPATHY + (radical) ACTION.”
In order to show up for our black brothers and sisters, we must start seeking knowledge and understanding. I’ve compiled some resources that I think will be helpful. I haven’t read or watched them all yet, but I’m committing to do so to grow in my understanding and empathy. I hope you’ll join me.
Then I hope you’ll share with me and with your friends and family what you’re learning, what you’re reading, how you’re growing in empathy for your brothers and sisters of color. Let’s do this together.
RESOURCES TO CHECK OUT:
- this large compilation of anti-racism resources
- this link to resources by Rachel Cargle
- this article by the Gospel Coalition
- the caption to this post – what white parents can do to teach their children about racism
- this documentary on Netflix: 13th
- this prayer in the midst of protests by David Platt
HELPFUL QUOTES AND COMMENTS:
BOOKS TO READ: